I am currently serving as the
for COPE. In that role, I have contributed to the
2018 Project to revise the ACM Code of Ethics and Professional
Conduct. In addition, I am exploring other ways to support the Code and to
help computing professionals apply it to technical scenarios.
My contributions with COPE include the following:
- Author of ACM Case Studies
- Co-author of ACM Code Booklet
- Co-facilitator: "Using the ACM Code of Ethics in Technical Computing Topics,"
- Co-facilitator: "ACM Code of Ethics: Looking Back and Forging Ahead,"
- Invited Panelist: "Ethical Considerations for New Technologies: The Impact of AI and Technology on Human Operators,"
Jones Day/ACM Washington, D.C.
- Co-facilitator: "Strategies for Integrating the Updated ACM Code of Ethics into the Computing Curriculum,"
SIGCSE 2018 [Github Repository]
- Co-facilitator: "Strategies for Integrating Driverless Cars into the Computing Curricula,"
SIGCSE 2017 [Sample exercise: Keynote